Sunday, September 25, 2011

Left on our own

We had our last meal with Bruce, who provided us with a great orientation to life in Kathmandu. He has now gone home.
Last meal with Bruce before he left for home.

The meal was great and the fellowship even better. No earthquake during this meal though.

Linda and I have continued to explore our new neighbourhood and  feeling more comfortable and confident with each outing. I decided to take a walk to the building site from our home to see how far it was and how long it would take to get there, if I could even find it. Well, I did find the site, had to stop a few times just to orientate myself and insure I was heading in the right direction. I walk pretty fast and at my pace it took about half an hour. I made it home in about 25 minutes as I was now sure of the way. I will be able to reduce that time a bit as I stopped numerous times to take pictures.



Road to site 1

Road to site 2

Road to site 3
Road to site 4
As you can tell by the appearance of the road, it was quite wet everywhere. It had rained most of the morning and the sky was just beginning to break up. The site itself was quite wet as well. I did venture to walk through the site and am now so thankful I purchased some sandals that could withstand wet environments.
The boundaries of the property are not totally clear but the east side goes from about the pole in the foreground to just to the left of the gravel piles in the back.

Property from NE corner
The back (south) boundary goes from the front of the brick wall on the left to the green shrubs just beyond the gravel pile.
South boundary of property
The North boundary goes from these shrubs along the road; it may not look like a road but the ungrassed area is the roadway. The West boundary follows the shrub line to the corner of the far right building.
                                                          Property from NW corner.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting these pictures and keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good walk every morning. Do you feel safe? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have Kijiji in Kathmandu? :-) You need a bike!

    ReplyDelete